Your online shoplifting / Theft Class
An online theft class with you in mind
Only $49.99 for 4 hour 100% online shoplifting class
An online theft class for adults or juveniles - 4 hour online theft class or 8 hour online shoplifting/theft class.(Also available in Spanish)
Complete at your own pace, any time, start-stop-start again at whenever you want, 24 hours a day -7 days a week, from the privacy of your own home!
Theft is a topic which is ostensibly rich with excitement, and therefore is prime fodder for television, movies, books and songs, but little has been written about the psychology and treatment of theft offenders. Below is a list of books written on this topic.
Contemporary Books Written about Stealing:
The Psychology of Stealing: The truth about why people steal. (Out of Print)
Goldman, M.J. 1998. Kleptomania. New Jersey : New Horizon Press.
Bibliography of Theft Related Books:
- Abelson, Elaine S. 1989b. When Ladies Go A-Thieving: Middle Class Shoplifters in the Victorian Department Store. New York , NY : Oxford University Press.
- Baumer, Terry L., and Dennis P. Rosenbaum. 1984. Combating Retail Theft: Programs and Strategies . Boston , MA : Butterworth.
- Belson, W.A. 1975. Juvenile Theft: The Causal Factors. London : Harper & Row.
- Berry , Joy W. 1982. Let's Talk About Stealing. Newark , NJ : Peter Pan Industries.
- Bowlby, John. 1947. Forty-four Juvenile Thieves: Their Characters and Homelife . London : Bailliere, Tindall and Cox.
- Cameron, Mary Owen. 1964. The Booster and the Snitch: Department Store Shoplifting. New York , NY : Free Press of Glencoe.
- Carpenter, Cheryl, Glassner, Bruce D. Johnson, and Julia Loughlin. 1988. Kids, Drugs, and Crime. Lexington , MA : Lexington Books.
- Carr, Dan. 1984. God, I need to Talk to You About Stealing . Concordia Publishing House.
- Carroll, John, and Frances Weaver. 1986. "Shoplifters' Perceptions of Crime Opportunities: A Process-Tracing Study." In The Reasoning Criminal , edited by Derek B. Cornish and Ronald V. Clarke, pp. 19-38. New York , NY : Springer-Verlag.
- Cobb, William Ervin. The Economics of Shoplifting . Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University , 1973.
- Cornish, Derek B., and Ronald V. Clarke. 1986. The Reasoning Criminal: Rational Choice Perspectives. New York , NY : Springer-Verlag.
- Crow, Wayman J. & Bull, James L. 1975. Robbery Deterrence: An Applied Behavioral Science Demonstration . La Jolla , CA : Western Behavioral Sciences Institute.
- Cupchik Ph.D., Will. 1997. Why Honest People Shoplift Or Commit Other Acts Of Theft. Canada : Tagami Communications.
- Curran, Debora A. 1984. "Characteristics of the Elderly Shoplifter and the Effects of Sanctions on Recidivism." In Elderly Criminals , edited by William Wilbanks and Paul K. H. Kim, pp. 123-141. New York , NY : University Press of America.
- Edwards, Loren E. 1958. Shoplifting and Shrinkage Protection For Stores. Springfield , IL : Charles C Thomas.
- Elquist, G.J. 2000. Shoplifting Stories: From the Inside Out . Philadelphia, PA: Xlibris Corporation.
- Erickson, Rosemary J. 1996. Armed Robbers and Their Crimes. Seattle , WA : Athena Research Corporation.
- Farrell, Kathleen L. and John A. Ferrara. 1985. Shoplifting: The Antishoplifting Guidebook. New York , NY : Praeger Publishers.
- Feeney, Floyd. 1986. "Robbers as Decision-Makers." In The Reasoning Criminal , edited by Derek B. Cornish & Ronald V. Clarke. New York , NY : Springer-Verlag.
- Fein, Sherman E., and Arthur M. Maskell. 1975. Selected Cases on the Law of Shoplifting . Springfield , IL : Charles C. Thomas.
- Feinberg, Gary. 1984a. "Profile of the Elderly Shoplifter." In Elderly Criminals , edited by Evelyn S. Newman, Donald J. Newman, Mindy L. Gewirtz, and associates, pp. 35-50. Cambridge , MA : Oelgeschlager, Gunn & Hain.
- Feinberg, Gary. 1984b. "White Haired Offenders: An Emergent Social Problem." In Elderly Criminals , edited by William Wilbanks and Paul K. H. Kim, pp. 83-122. New York , NY : University Press of America .
- Francis, Dorothy B. 1980, Shoplifting, The Crime Everybody Pays For. New York, NY, E.P. Dutton, Inc.
- Goldman, M.J. 1998. Kleptomania. New Jersey : New Horizon Press
- Griffin, Roger. 1988. 25 th Annual Report: Shoplifting in Supermarkets . Van Nuys , CA : Commercial Service Systems.
- Hall , Jerome. 1935. Theft, Law And Society. Boston , MA : Little, Brown, and Company.
- Hoffman, Abbie. 1971. Steal This Book. New York , NY : Grove Press.
- Houseworth, Steven. 2002. The Psychology of Stealing: The truth about why people steal .
- Kaufmann, Arthur C. Combatting Shoplifting . Operations Division, National Retail Merchants Association, New York , 1974.
- Klemke, Lloyd W. 1992. The Sociology of Shoplifting. Westport , CT : Praeger Publishers.
- Lesser, Ellen. 1989. The Shoplifter's Apprentice. New York , NY : Simon and Schuster.
- Macdonald, John M. 1980. Burglary and Theft . Springfield , IL : Charles C. Thomas.
- Murphy, Daniel J. I. 1986. Customers and Thieves: An Ethnography of Shoplifting. Aldershot , England : Gower.
- Patterson, G. R. 1980. "Children Who Steal." In Understanding Crime: Current Theory and Research , edited by Travis Hirschi and Michael Gottfredson, pp 73-90. Beverly Hills , CA : Sage.
- Rehm, J. & Servay, W. 1986. Bank Robbery from the Perspective of the Bank Robber . West Germany .
- Sennewald , C.A. 2000. Shoplifters vs. Retailers . California : New Century Press.
- Shulman, Terrence D. 2004. Something For Nothing: Shoplifting Addiction and Recovery. Haverford , PA : InfinityPublishing.com.
- Sklar , Stanley L. 1982, Shoplifting: What you need to know about the law. New York , NY , Fairchild Publications .
- Segrave , Kerry 2001. Shoplifting: A Social History . Jefferson , North Carolina , and London : McFarland & Company, Inc.
- Walsh, D. P. 1978. Shoplifting: Controlling a Major Crime . New York , NY : Holmes and Meier.
- Walsh, Marilyn E. 1977. The Fence: A New Look at the World of Property Theft . Westport , CT : Greenwood Press.
- Weiner, Norman L. 1970. "The Teen-Age Shoplifter: A Microcosmic View of Middle-Class Delinquency." In Observations of Deviance , edited by Jack D. Douglas, pp. 213-217. New York , NY : Random House.
- Witkin , Georgia . 1988. Quick Fixes and Small Comforts: How Every Woman Can Resist Those Irresistible Urges. New York , NY : Villard Books.
- Ziolko, H. V. 1988. "Bulimia and Kleptomania: Psychodynamics of Compulsive Eating and Stealing." In Bulimia: Psychoanalytic Treatment and Theory , edited by Harvey J. Schwartz, pp. 523-534. Madison , CT : International University press.
Please note, the theft law information on this page is provided as a courtesy to help explain theft, shoplifting and stealing laws. There is no guarantee or assurance of reliability or validity. Laws change over time and this page may or may not be current. The code that is provided on this site is an unofficial posting of the State Codes. The files making up this Internet version of the State Codes do not constitute the official text of the State Codes and are intended for informational purposes only. No representation is made as to the accuracy or completeness of these sections. While every effort was made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the statutes available neither shoplifting.net or Offender Solutions® Inc.shall not be liable or held responsible for any errors or omissions which may occur in these files, they are provided on an "As Is" basis. Use of the information and services are at the sole risk of the user. There is absolutely NO INTENT to provide legal advice or suggest these links can substitute for competent legal advice. For official versions of any state's current laws, the user is directed to that states Revised Statutes, all amendments and cumulative supplements thereto published by that state. Please notify the Webmaster if you find any irregularities in the statutes on this web site. The Webmaster will relay the information to appropriate staff to investigate the irregularities. The printed version of the State Codes should be consulted for all matters requiring reliance on the statutory text. If you were involved in a theft or shoplifting incident you are encouraged to consider taking a theft class, theft course or shoplifting education class such as the one provided by Offender Solutionss®. Research shows theft school and/or theft education can be an effective theft prevention. Offender Solutions® is an online theft education, shoplifting education class about stealing, it can be very effective if you want to stop stealing. Even if it was a small theft, a petty theft class or petty theft school could be right for you!
An online theft class / shoplifting class / larceny class / petty theft class for people who have stolen | Theft Laws in Your State
Copyright 2016 Shoplifting.net | by Offender Solutions® Inc.